- ShopRite Markets
379 W Shore Dr
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities - Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while being accurate, friendly and efficient; to accurately scan, price and bag products; to collect proper payment; and to provide proper change if necessary and to perform other tasks as required in an efficient and safe manner, within Company policy.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
* Ability to perform basic math.
* Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
* Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
* Ability to work in varying temperatures.
* Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
* Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
* Ability to work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
* Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
* Enter customer information into database for eligibility in Wakefern programs
* Be knowledgeable in the various types of products carried in the store.
* Sort and return \"return to stock\" items back to normal location with priority attention given to refrigerated and perishable items. Handle all damaged merchandise in accordance with Company procedures.
* Perform price check functions, as needed.
* Issue and keep information involving rain checks updated. Perform Scanrites according to Company procedures.
* Answer phone promptly and in a professional manner and direct as Company policies dictate.
* Issue refunds and Price Plus cards.
* Understand operation of cash register and follow all cash handling procedures, if applicable.
* Enforce all Company standards, policies and guidelines on checkout procedures, cash control, coupons, gift cards, scan rites, merchandise returns, rainchecks.
* Check equipment daily for proper performance.
* Process all forms of payments (i.e. cash, credit, checks, EBT, WIC, rainchecks, coupons, vouchers, gift cards, etc.).
* Maintain cash integrity of store by correctly handling pickups, making change, overseeing podium security and safeguarding tills.
* Maintain customer service levels by filling in staffing needs, opening registers as needed and calling for assistance from other departments.
* Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the store.
* Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs. and that occasionally weights up to 50 lbs.
* Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Front-End Department operations.
* Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
* Stand at work station for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
* Provide assistance in handling voids, overrides and Price Plus cards, enforce Front-End policies and procedures such as dress code, check cashing, coupon redemption, time and attendance, price plus.
* Full knowledge of register operations; pro-active approach to running register when/if needed.
* Monitor breaks to ensure breaks are not overstayed and that Associates punch correctly.
* Ensure compliance with child labor laws for Associates under 18.
* Utilize equipment as required by department.
* Maintain Department sanitation and QA standards by cleaning and sanitizing all work surfaces, utensils and equipment. Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to the Front-End operation.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
* Perform duties in accordance with in the Company's HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
* Dress and groom according to Company policy to include uniform, name badge, and hat or hair restraint requirements.
* Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
* Complete all applicable department training programs.
* Perform all duties in accordance with all ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Work overtime as assigned.
* Work cooperatively with others.
* Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power jacks, and slicing machines.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This job description is not a guarantee of employment.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...